Mr. Heidrick was born September 29, 1874, at Queenstown, Pennsylvania, a son of L. and Mary Evans (Queen) Heidrick, who became residents of Brookville. He
was one of a family of eight children. He graduated from the DuBois schools and entered the lumbering
business with his father in Brookville in the firm of Heidrick & Matson Lumber Company. He constructed the
Pittsburgh, Summerville and Clarion railroad which was the first rail communications to Clarion. This railroad
line was began in 1905 and continued till 1910, when he sold the road to General Miller, of Franklin. The road
then became known as the Lake Erie, Franklin and Clarion Railroad. After selling this railroad, he moved to
Barbourville, KY, where he built another railroad from Barbourville to Manchester, KY, which he operated until
1924, when he sold it to the Louisville & Nashville Railroad. After selling his interest in this railroad, he moved
to Cincinatti, Ohio, where he lived the remainder of his life. He also served as a member of the State Board of
Directors of the Y.M.C.A, in Kentucky. Due to his contribution to the development of eastern Kentucky, he was appointed as a Colonel of the staff of Governor Edwin Morrow.
Mr. Heidrick married Edith Clarke, of Brockway, PA, and the father of three children:. A daughter, Mary Agnes,
and two sons Charles F. Heidrick, Jr., and Robert Clarke Heidrick.
Charles died in Brookville on July 2, 1936, while visiting his family and was buried in the Brookville Cemetery. His wife and daughter are buried in the family plot.