William King Fetzer, was born at Reidsburg, in Clarion County, PA, on October 23, 1854. His early years were on
the family farm with his brothers and sisters, and he learned that occupation during his younger life. As an adult, he followed the oil fields, becoming a tool dresser in the
Bradford and McKean County areas of Pennsylvania for several years. Returning to Clarion County, he was employed by J. H. Wilson, who was a dealer in buggies and
carriages, remaining there until 1887. Having obtained expertise in the business world, he then opened his own hardware store, which he maintained until 1910, until his
sons took over the business and changed the name to Fetzer Brothers.
On June 25th, 1884, he married Clara A. McCracken. They were the parents of Banks W. and Fred W. Fetzer
. He was active politically in the local organizations of local and state offices. He also was a member of the
borough council twice, first as a Democrat, then as a Republican. Other local offices were that of burgess of
the town twice, first as a Democrat, then as a Republican, and later served as Treasurer of the Jefferson County Republican committee.
Mr. Fetzer died on May 16, 1919, and was buried in the new Brookville Cemetery. His wife, Clara, died in 1936, and was buried beside him.