Andrew Jackson Brady was born in Indiana County, PA, near Marion Center, on February 3, 1815. He came to Jefferson County about 1840, and two years later, he married Miss Sarah
Catherine Long, of Pine Creek Township. Their family consisted of five sons and six daughters, all but four of them having died before their parents. Mr. Brady had five brothers and three sisters.
He was a Justice of the Peace in Brookville, also was known as a lumberman in Brookville. At the time of
his death, he was a partner in the "Blaine" lumber mills, south of Taylor Station. He was selected by the heirs of the Robinson estate to go to England to look after the
interests of that estate, and was there for an extended period of time. The Brady family were members of the M. E. Church in Brookville.