In her travels in Mexico, she became aware of the need for educational opportunities for the poor girls in the villages. At that time she
was president of the Mexican Education Society, and with her influence she succeeded in having a school built to meet this need. The school (Daughters of Juarez) was opened in 1910, and offered elementary studies, home
economics, and later a high school department. A few years later, the name of the school was changed to Laura Temple School. After the Mexican Revolution, she founded a farm school for boys, near Mexico City. She spent the
remainder of her life in Mexico, dying at her home there on June 23, 1949. This memorial stone is in the Temple Cemetery near her family's home.
"Information courtesy of Dr. James H. Sterrett"